Priorities and funded actions
* To foster the development of tools supporting independent and inclusive access to online content and services, including consumer transactions, for persons with cognitive disabilities, to fulfil the commitments under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, the EU Web Accessibility Directive4 and the European Accessibility Act.
*In particular, proposals must address common accessibility challenges that persons with cognitive disabilities encounter on websites or mobile applications, such as:
– signing in or completing authentication processes;
– entering data or filling out forms, avoiding and correcting errors;
– accomplishing multi-stage tasks;
– using complex interfaces and intricate navigation patterns;
– processing information on cluttered pages, avoiding cognitive overload;
– getting focussed on the task at hand, limiting interruptions, reminders, and changes in content;
– stopping animations and auto-play videos or audios;
– understanding text and graphics;
– identifying key points from lengthy or heavy text based pages;
– interpreting and processing numerical information, including managing dates;finding information;
– following instructions;looking for help or support.
Amongst financed actions
* Research and development of solutions drawing on Artificial Intelligence or other novel technologies to automatize the adaptation, personalisation and multi-modal delivery of content of websites and mobile applications in a way that facilitates the uptake and use of digital content and services by persons with cognitive disabilities;
* Research and development of solutions to automatize the simplification or adaptation of authoring tools that persons with cognitive disabilities could use to create content for websites and mobile applications;
* Research and development of solutions to adapt authoring tools to create content for websites and mobile applications that is accessible for persons with cognitive disabilities.
* This call is an open call for proposals.
* Initial duration of the action: 12 months
* Eligibility :
– Proposals may be submitted by any of the following applicants:
> non-profit organisation (private or public);
> public authorities;
> private companies;
> international organisations;
> universities and other educational institutions;
> research centres.
– Only applications from legal entities established in the following countries are eligible:
> EU Member States;
> EFTA and EEA countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland;
> candidate countries;
> countries associated to Horizon 2020.