Priorities and funded actions
Strengthen local Civil Society Organisations’ ability to engage as actors of good governance and development at country level.
- Priority 1: An enabling environment for civil society – CSOs promote a conducive legal, regulatory, institutional and operational environment
- Priority 2: Dialogue and policy engagement – CSOs preserve, recover and open civic space to influence dialogue on development policy and domestic policies
- Priority 3: A comprehensive approach to capacity building – CSOs have strengthened their capacities, networks, coalitions, and accountability to promote democracy, good governance, human rights, gender equality and the digital transformation.
- Priority 4: Engaging with the whole spectrum of civil society – The EU through their partner organisations engages with a wide range of civil society organisations including academia, local and grassroots initiatives, community-based organisations, professional organisations, social movements and social enterprises.
Among financed actions
- Promote a legal and regulatory framework that support and promote CSOs’ work
- Work with government authorities and institutions of accountability and oversight, legal, and regulatory frameworks to improve the enabling environment
Initiate and contribute to national policy dialogue on matters related to civil society and civil society’s contribution to governance, democracy and development
Enable civil society participation in and contribution to policy dialogue and decision-making processes at all levels
Support CSOs organizational capacity related to internal governance that can increase their transparency and accountability…
- This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated.
- Initial duration of the action: between 36 and 48 months
- Be a legal person and be non-profit-making
- Be a Civil Society Organisation and/or their associations
- Be established in the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, or be established in a Member State of the European Union as stipulated in NDICI-Global Europe Regulation, Article 28, or
- Be established in developing countries and territories other than the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, as included in the list of ODA recipients published by the OECD Development Assistance Committee