European Network of Cancer Registries Scientific Meeting and General Assembly 2014November 6, 2014
Pgm2014 2020: Yes
The European Network of Cancer Registries (ENCR) Scientific Meeting and General Assembly provide the opportunity for all European cancer registries to have a face-to-face meeting.
The purpose of the event is for the registries to share research findings, discuss cancer registration issues, exchange ideas and best practices, network, present epidemiological work based on cancer registry data and finally meet their representatives, the ENCR Steering Committee.
The scientific sessions will cover topics such as:
– Availability, completeness and reliability of information collected by registries
– Clinical data: Integration and use of clinical datasets in population-based registries
– Privacy and data confidentiality issues: current national and EU regulations
– Coding issues such as extent of disease, haematological malignancies coding rules, date of diagnosis and multiple cancers
– Statistical methods and software for use of cancer registries
– Collaboration with public health, patients and non-governmental organizations
– Cancer burden in Europe: incidence, mortality, survival and prevalence
– Electronic data collection: new tools or old threats