Home > Advanced Search
Eu fund and call for proposals for humanitarian
The European Union’s mandate to ECHO is made to provide emergency assistance and relief to the victims of natural disasters or armed conflicts outside the European Union. The aid is intended to go directly to those in distress, irrespective of race, religion or political convictions.
The legal basis for this activity is set out under Article 18 of the Humanitarian Regulation: the Commission is required to "regularly assess humanitarian aid operations financed by the Community in order to establish whether they have achieved their objectives and to produce guidelines for improving the effectiveness of subsequent operations."
ECHO’s task is to ensure goods and services get to crisis zones fast. Goods may include essential supplies, specific foodstuffs, medical equipment, medicines and fuel. Services may include medical teams, water purification teams and logistical support. Goods and services reach disaster areas via ECHO partners. ECHO works with about 200 non-governmental organisations, United Nations agencies and international organisations such as the International Committee of the Red Cross and the International Federation of the Red Cross and the Red Crescent Societies.
Since 1992, ECHO has funded humanitarian aid in more than 85 countries. Its grants cover emergency aid, food aid and aid to refugees and displaced persons
But ECHO does more than just funding humanitarian aid:
- It carries out feasibility studies for its humanitarian operations,
- It monitors humanitarian projects and sets up coordination arrangements,
- It promotes and coordinates disaster prevention measures by training specialists, strengthening institutions and running pilot micro-projects,
- It gives its partners technical assistance,
- It raises public awareness about humanitarian issues in Europe and elsewhere, through actions carried out directly by ECHO in order to promote the awareness of humanitarian aid,
- It finances network and training study initiatives in the humanitarian field (NOHA).
The following list provides you with all the European funds available in the field of humanitarian involvement:
Download the whole documents EU Funds for humanitarian
- 27 EU Funds to download
- 3 Calls for proposals to consult
- Online assistance of our experts
- 2 factsheets for free
+33 1 42 54 60 64
30 European subsidies and calls for proposals available for humanitarian
- DCI - DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION INSTRUMENT (1)
- CEB - COUNCIL OF EUROPE DEVELOPMENT BANK - SECTORS OF ACT...
- AMIF - (1.) ASYLUM, MIGRATION AND INTEGRATION FUND -
- EIDHR - EUROPEAN INSTRUMENT FOR DEMOCRACY AND HUMAN RIGHT...
- EDF (11TH) - EUROPEAN DEVELOPMENT FUND
- ENI - EUROPEAN NEIGHBOURHOOD INSTRUMENT
Training and Seminar
Improve your skills
The essential tools
Experts at your disposal
keywords and definitions
All information for your european project on for humanitarian
“Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country” says th...
Horizon 2020 for Innovation projects: How to obtain Horizon 2020 funds for your European research projects?Paris 02 December 2019 - 03 December 2019
EU funds from the European Commission: How to apply ?Paris 10 February 2020 - 11 February 2020
Reporting & Management: How to successfully manage an EU funded project?Paris 13 February 2020