Europe’s 300 millions euros commitment for vaccinesJune 8, 2020
Hat: Europe's 300 millions euros commitment for vaccines
The EU pledges to fund Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, up to 300 millions euros for the periode 2021-2025. It will help immunise 300 million children around the world and finance vaccine stockpiles to shield against outbreaks of infectious diseases.
The funding will help:
- Vaccinate 300 million children and save up to 8 million lives.
- Ensure the successful transition of some countries into self-financing.
- Leverage US$ 3.6 billion in national co-financing and self-funded vaccine programmes.
- Deliver over 3.2 billion doses of life-saving vaccines to 55 countries.
- Facilitate 1.4 billion contacts between families and health services through vaccination.
- Insure the world against the re-emergence of polio through routine inactivated polio vaccine programmes in collaboration with the Global Polio Eradication Initiative.
- Fund vaccine stockpiles for emergency use to stop dangerous outbreaks.
Url description: European Commission - Press corner