GREEN LIGHT TO THE EAFRD 2014/2020 IN FRANCENovember 30, 2015
Hat: GREEN LIGHT TO THE EAFRD 2014/2020 IN FRANCE
Funding Scheme: 2015-11-30
After two years of negotiations the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development programme is finally on track. The European Commission adopted the last programmes on November 24: Limousin, Lorraine, Picardy, Upper Normandy and French Guyana.
The budget for 2014/2020 is 11.4 billion euro, distributed through the different measures: installation aid, agri-environmental measures, modernization of agricultural holdings…
The implementation of the EAFRD for 2014/2020 will henceforth be managed by the Regions that are now entitled to be the managing authorities, except for the Reunion Island (General Council) and Mayotte (Prefecture).
There will be 27 French Regional Development Programmes (RDP):
• 21 mainland regions
• 5 overseas departments: Guadeloupe, French Guyana, Martinique, Mayotte and Reunion Island
in addition to a National programme for risk management in agriculture and a Specific programme for the National rural network.
– Design new production models by improving the competitiveness of agricultural holdings through the reduction of input and energy costs and by preserving natural resources on which agricultural activity is based
– Renew generations and approximate the facility policy
– Protect the environment, preserve, restore and manage natural resources and support agriculture in endangered areas
Would you like to set up on an agricultural holding or modernize your holding, invest in agro-food equipments, develop and promote quality products, benefit from training?
Are you willing to improve your agricultural practices towards a greater respect of the environment: water quality, biodiversity, organic farming?
Are you considering to start up a business or diversify your rural activities, maintain or enhance your cultural and natural patrimony?
Depending on the measures, beneficiaries could be:
• Loggers and forest owners
• Traders of forest products
• Regional Natural Parks
• Consular bodies
• Public bodies
Read the Programme description on our website