International Product Safety Week 2014April 18, 2014
Pgm2014 2020: Yes
Consumer safety is one of the highest priorities of the European Commission, especially with the globalisation of supply chains and the constant evolution of the markets. The EU works closely with different stakeholders, including its main trading partners to ensure safety, no matter where the product is produced.
This year, again, the Commission is hosting the International Product Safety Week in Brussels between 16 – 20 June 2014.
A series of events will gather non-food, consumer product safety professionals and stakeholders from around the globe, representing regulators, industry, consumer organisations, standard-makers and test laboratories to work together in advancing product safety issues globally.
Highlights of the week
– Conference on the Consumer Product Safety and Market Surveillance legislation in the European Union
– PROSAFE seminar on joint international market surveillance activities
– International Consumer Product Health and Safety Organisation (ICPHSO) international symposium
– International Consumer Product Safety Caucus (ICPSC) meeting
– Trilateral EU-China-US Consumer Product Safety Summit
– RAPEX-CHINA Working Group meeting between the EU and China
KINDLY NOTE All meetings require prior online registration. Access to some is restricted.