TEN-T : 320 million euro dedicated to new infrastructures projectsSeptember 4, 2014
Hat: EU supports key TEN-T infrastructure projects with over €320 million
Funding Scheme: 2014-09-05
Pgm2014 2020: Yes
In the last Calls of the trans-European transport network (TEN-T) Programme the European Commission selected a total of 106 projects that will benefit from over €320 million in EU support for improving transport infrastructure across Europe.
The 52 projects selected from the 2013 Multi-Annual Call and the 54 from the 2013 Annual Call will use the EU’s financial support to bring forward the completion of the TEN-T network as well as studying innovative ways of reducing the transport sector’s carbon footprint.
* Air Traffic Management (ATM) – 6 projects selected, €9.39 million in funding
* European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS) – 10 projects selected, €37.63 million in funding
* Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) – 6 projects selected, €52.81 million in funding
* Motorways of the Sea (MoS) – 15 projects selected, €78.10 million in funding
* Priority Projects (PPs) – 15 projects selected, €52.07 million in funding
The 2013 Annual Programme Call gives financing for a similar number of projects (54 in total) covering the different modes of transport, but also focusing on the decarbonisation of transport. This Call grants €90.7 million in total funding in two main priority areas:
* Priority 1 – Studies concerning the acceleration/facilitation of the implementation of TEN-T projects – 27 projects selected, €27.03 million in funding
* Priority 2 – Measures to promote innovation and new technologies for transport infrastructure and facilities contributing to decarbonisation or the reduction of the external costs in general – 27 projects selected, €63.66 million in funding
The projects will be monitored by the Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA), working together with the project beneficiaries across the Member States and under the auspices of the Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport of the European Commission.
Url description: Innovation and networks executive agency
Url info description: http://inea.ec.europa.eu/en/news__events/newsroom/eu_supports_key_ten-t_infrastructure_projects_with_over_2580320_million.htm