The aspartame (E951) as a food additiveJanuary 14, 2013
Funding Scheme: 2013-01-14
EFSA’s Panel on Food Additives and Nutrient Sources added to Food (ANS) has launched an open consultation on a draft opinion on the re-evaluation of aspartame (E951), which condsidered as the first and comprehensive evalaution in term of the human safety, toxicity carcinogenicity and genotoxicity, also concerning the effects of aspartame and its metabolites and breakdown products.
In line with EFSA’s policy on openness and transparency and in order for EFSA to receive comments from the scientific community and stakeholders, EFSA has launched a public consultation on the draft opinion developed by the ANS Panel.
Interested parties are invited to submit written comments by 15 February 2013. The electronic template provided with the documents should be used exclusively for the submission of comments, with reference made to the line and page numbers. Please note that comments submitted by email or post cannot be taken into account.
In addition, a submission will not be considered if it is:
– submitted after the deadline set out in the call
– presented in any form other than what is provided for in the instructions and template
– not related to the contents of the document
– contains complaints against institutions, personal accusations, irrelevant or offensive statements or material
– is related to policy or risk management aspects, which is outside the scope of EFSA’s activities.
EFSA will assess all comments from interested parties which are submitted in line with the criteria above. The comments will be further considered by the relevant ANS Panel and taken into consideration, if found relevant.
All comments submitted will be published. Comments submitted by individuals in a personal capacity will be presented anonymously. Comments submitted formally on behalf of an organisation will appear with the name of the organisation.
Url description: EFSA