The Commission will support the Turkish Cypriot community through its Cooperation and Development Instrument.August 25, 2020
Hat: The Commission will support the Turkish Cypriot community through its Cooperation and Development Instrument.
The aid plan adopted by the European Commission amounts to 31.6 million euros in addition to the 5 million euros already programmed. Through its cooperation and development instrument, the EU aims to support new projects facilitating the reunification of Cyprus.
The program will continue to provide significant funding to the Missing Persons Committee and the Cultural Heritage Technical Committee.
In addition, other priorities have been identified:
* Support for the preparation and funding of key infrastructure projects
* Support for the protection of the environment
* Improvement of the electricity network used by the Turkish Cypriot community
* Economic recovery, focused on a greener, sustainable and resilient economy, in response to the economic crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
* Improving food safety, statistical data provision, special education and lifelong learning
* Support for civil society.
Url description: ec.europa.eu