Commission 2021’s new work program is publishedNovember 4, 2020
Hat: Commission 2021's new work program is published
Each year the European Commission adopts a work programme, in addition to its ongoing work, with a list of measures that it will take in the following 12 months. It is a way of informing the public and the co-legislators of the political commitments Europe is making. This year, the Commission’s Work Programme for 2021 is particularly linked to the Recovery Plan for Europe.
On the agenda are new legislative initiatives around the six political priorities of Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission :
– The Commission is planning a review of the relevant climate and energy legislation with the aim of achieving a 55% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.
– An ambitious action plan will be put in place in particular to ensure economic recovery, social equity of the digital and ecological transitions.
– Europe will remain focused on the right to privacy and connectivity, freedom of expression, free flow of data and cybersecurity. A new European digital identity will also be developed to facilitate access to online services across Europe.
– In particular, the program plans to create an advanced research and development agency for biomedical research, which would be responsible for the security of the supply of medicines for the Union.
– In 2021, the European Commission wants to continue to put its values, defined in Article 2 TEU, at the center of its international positioning.
– In particular, the Commission will propose two new strategies: a European strategy for the rights of persons with disabilities with the aim of implementing the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, and a European strategy on the rights of the child.
Url description: Official portal of the European Social Fund in France