Sectors: Citizenship, Education - Training, Local development
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Zambia or any other country eligible for funding from the European Development Fund. This obligation does not apply to international organisations.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
ACP – Enhancing Civil Society Organisation (CSO) participation in budgetary oversight and participation processes – 2020
Fund for: to contribute to sustainable and inclusive growth through an increased mobilisation and effective use of domestic resources.
Priorities and funded actions:
* To improve capacities of Zambian Civil Society Organisations to participate in the budget process and to carry-out budget tracking in public sectors (i.e. health, energy and agriculture);
* To increase capacities of Zambian Civil Society Organisations to hold the government and line ministries accountable in terms of public service delivery.
* Priority 1: Improved access to information to citizens on the legislatures’ oversight and participation process;
* Priority 2:Enhanced role of civil society, including organisations addressing gender equality, the rights of marginalised groups and/or environment and climate change related issues, promoting good governance, more transparency and better accountability;
* Priority 3: Enhanced capacity of Civil Society Organisations to effectively participate in policy dialogues at all levels;
* Priority 4: Strengthened watchdog function of Civil Society Organisations’ role towards the implementation of the National Development Plan in the sectors of energy, health and agriculture, and with regard to spending on the gender priorities of the government.
Among financed actions
– Capacity building of CSOs to better engage with oversight, accountability, transparency and public participation processes;
– Initiatives promoting improved governance and accountability at national level and with public
authorities such as independent budget analysis (including gender, environment, climate change
budgeting), expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of policies and laws, including their impact on gender equality, access to information and climate change mitigation;
– Budget monitoring and training activities (including gender responsive, environment and climate change adaptation and mitigation measures budget analysis);
– Establishing or strengthening networks initiatives; debates/discussions/dialogues to enhance oversight and public participation;
– Participation in public hearings and preparation of public petitions;
– Use of media (social and traditional) to inform citizens of activities, policies and processes in legislatures.
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated.
* Duration: Between 42 months and 48 months
– Be a legal person and
– Be non-profit-making and
– Be a Civil Society Organisation (CSO) or an international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined by Article 156 of the EU Financial Regulation and
– Be established in either i) Zambia, or; ii) any other country eligible for funding from the European Development Fund. This obligation does not apply to international organisations and
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the coapplicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
– Actions must take place in Zambia