Sectors: Citizenship, Justice - Security, New technologies, Social Affairs, Telecommunications, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* EU member states
* EEA countries
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
CEF Telecom – Safer Internet – 2020
Funds for: enabling the continuation of the services provided by Safer Internet Centres (SICs) at national level under previous CEF calls
Priorities and funded actions:
* Activity 1: Awareness centre for raising awareness among children, parents, teachers, child care workers, and other professionals working with children (e.g. health personnel) about online opportunities and risks; a particular focus has to be placed on identifying and addressing emerging risks (e.g. self-generated sexualised content) and challenges such as mental and physical health issues related to the use of technologies (self-harm, addiction, perception of self-identity and self-image)
* Activity 2: Helpline services for giving advice and support to parents and children on issues related to children’s use of digital technologies and services;
* Activity 3: Hotline services for receiving and managing reports from the public relating to online Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM). Closer cooperation with law enforcement agencies (LEAs) should be further explored
* For activity 1:
– Devise informative awareness campaigns and resources targeting children, parents, teachers, child care workers, and other professionals working with children;
– Engage directly with children and young people from different demographic groups by running a youth platform, including the organisation of regular youth participation activities, allowing them to express their views and pool their knowledge and experience of using online technologies;
– Evaluate the impact of the awareness campaigns on the target groups and provide qualitative and quantitative feedback at European level on a regular basis as defined by the EU core service platform;
* For activity 2:
– Offer one-to-one conversations via telephone, email and online chat services, with trained helpers to give advice and support to children, young people and their parents on online related issues;
– Develop and launch a national communication strategy including key performance indicators, both in terms of reach and impact to raise the visibility of the helpline services;
– Draw up or update the operating guidelines in compliance with national law, including data protection rules;
– Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback at European level on a regular basis as defined by the Core Service Platform
* For activity 3:
– Establish or continue to operate a hotline to receive information from the public relating to CSAM (reports), and if deemed appropriate racism and xenophobia;
– Draw up or update the hotline manual of procedures in cooperation with law enforcement authorities and in accordance with best practice guidelines;
– Cooperate with the network of hotlines and fully use and connect to the technical infrastructure provided by the EU Core Service Platform (ICCAM)
Among financed actions
* Awareness centers;
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 12 months
– Be an EU member state or EEA country;
– Be an international organisation, Joint Undertakings or public or private undertakings or bodies established in Member States
* The action must take place in an EU member state or EEA country