Sectors: Culture - Media, Employment, Information, Telecommunications
Beneficiaries: International Organisation, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EACEA – Pilot Project Media Ownership Monitor – 2020
Funds for: providing a country-based database containing information on media ownership and by a systematic assessment of relevant legal frameworks as well as risks to media ownership transparency
Priorities and funded actions:
* Priority 1: Create a publicly available country-based database containing data on the main media outlets that shape public opinion and the corporate entities and individuals which own or otherwise control them;
* Priority 2: Include contextual narratives of the country-specific environment and a detailed legal assessment which lends itself to comparative analysis;
* Priority 3: Analyse and monitor a wide range of risk indicators in the legal, economic and technical domains, focusing on media ownership and control;
* Priority 4: Ensure dissemination of the results via a dedicated online platform, launch events, press conferences and appropriate social media coverage
Among financed actions
* Cooperation projects;
* Conferences, seminars, press conferences;
* Training activities;
* Awareness and dissemination actions;
* Actions aiming at the creation and improvement of networks, exchanges of good practices;
* Studies, analyses, mapping projects;
* Research activities;
* Actions aiming at the creation and improvement of digital tools
* This call is open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 12 months
– Be a “sole” applicant (several legal entities forming together one legal entity or ‘sole beneficiary’);
– Be a grouping of entities (consortia) – with the entities forming this consortia having or not entities affiliated to them;
– Be a non-profit organisation (private or public), an international organisation, a university, be a part of educational institutions or a research center;
– Natural persons are not eligible except if:they are self-employed persons or equivalent (i.e. sole traders) where the company does not possess legal personality separate from that of the natural person or they are part of a consortium. However, projects cannot be coordinated by a natural person;
– Be established in a EU Member State
– Actions must take place in the European Union