Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Environment, Health, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development, Youth
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Civil Society Organisations, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* The 4 countries targeted by the program :
Comoros, Madagascar, Mauritius, Seychelles
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EDF – CONTRIBUTION TO IMPROVING FOOD AND NUTRITION SECURITY OF VULNERABLE POPULATIONS IN THE INDIAN OCEAN REGION – 2021
Funds for: contribute to reducing malnutrition and food insecurity in the Indian Ocean region (Mauritius, Comoros, Madagascar, Seychelles), particularly for children aged 0 to 5 years, adolescent girls and women of childbearing age
Priorities and funded actions:
* Increase and diversify in a sustainable and inclusive manner agricultural production to improve food security for vulnerable populations;
* Improve the nutritional situation of children aged 0 to 5 years, adolescent girls and women of childbearing age (especially pregnant and lactating women)
* Priority 1: Increase production/productivity and diversification of production for food and nutritional security
* Priority 2: Improvement of the nutritional situation of children aged 0-5 years, adolescent girls and women of reproductive age (especially pregnant and lactating women)
Among financed actions
* Lot 1: Actions for the increase and diversification of agricultural production
* Lot 2: Actions to improve the nutritional situation of vulnerable populations in Mauritius and Seychelles
* Lot 3: Actions to improve the nutritional situation of vulnerable populations in Madagascar and Comoros
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated.
* Initial duration of the action: between 24 and 40 months
– Be a legal entity; and
– Belong to one of the following categories of organizations: non-governmental organization/association, economic operator of the type of producer organization/peasant organizations/cooperatives/social enterprises, international (intergovernmental) organization as defined in Article 156 of the Financial Regulation of the European Union; and
– Be established in a Member State of the European Union or the European Economic Area, or in one of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) States, or in one of the least developed countries. This obligation does not apply to international organizations; and
– If the applicant is not established in one of the 4 countries targeted by the program (Comoros, Madagascar, Mauritius, Seychelles), it must have established a regular activity for at least three years in one of these countries (presence of an office/team and implementation of activities/projects on site).
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary; and
– Have sufficient capacity and experience to carry out the grant: the applicant must have carried out as applicant within the last five years (i.e. the project must have been implemented (at least in part) over the period from 1 January 2016 to 31 December 2020) at least one comparable project (project in the field covered by this programme and with an amount/funding at least equal to 50% of the amount of the action proposed under this call for proposals) (this criterion does not apply to potential co-applicants).
– Actions must take place in :
Lot 1: Eligible countries/regions: Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros, Seychelles. For Madagascar, the actions are to be implemented preferably in one or more of the following regions: Analamanga, Itasy and Vakinankaratra.
Lot 2: Eligible countries: Mauritius, Seychelles
Lot 3: Eligible countries: Madagascar, Comoros