Sectors: Industry, Justice - Security, Research
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU member states
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EDIDP – Simulation and virtualisation tools and equipment for training, exercises, systems design, development and integration, testing and validation – 2020
Funds for: developing a distributed simulation infrastructure including basic simulation data allowing cooperative simulation between Member States, their military and civil organisations, as well as non-state actors originating from Member States
Priorities and funded actions:
* Adressing the development of a distributed simulation infrastructure including basic simulation data allowing cooperative simulation between Member States, their military and civil organisations, as well as non-state actors originating from Member States;
* Encompassing the strategic level down to the tactical level and scenarios from the high intensity conflict to peace enforcement, stabilisation, counter-insurgency and anti-terrorism operations. Furthermore, civil-military cooperation (CIMIC) for the abovementioned scenarios, protection of critical infrastructure and disaster relief must be included;
* Supporting the following applications :
– Simulation-based training and exercising for military and civilian staffs:
> Preparation training for EU-Battlegroups for CSDP (Common Security and Defence Policy) missions;
> Training on disaster relief scenarios;
> Support to the integration of RPAS and drones in the national air-space (RPAS68 – ATI69);
> Employment of artificial intelligence (AI) for simulated military/civilian force behaviour to reduce staffing of simulation.
– Preparation of force deployment
> Validation of EU force deployment plans;
> Employment of decision support tools for evaluation of scenarios.
– Concept development and evaluation
> Identification and quantification of deficiencies;
> Simulative evaluation of new equipment and systems;
> Definition and evaluation of new organisations, tactics and procedures;
> Support of projects, preferably corporately developed by EU Member States;
> Employment of data mining and operations research tools.
Among financed actions
– Preliminary/feasibility studies
> Analysis of EU Member States’ defence national standards and regulations concerning simulation;
> Analysis of NATO standards and regulations concerning connection of simulations;
> Analysis of civilian communication and data exchange standards;
< Analysis of commonality of requirements; o definition of requirements;
> Definition of CONOPS (Concept of Operations).
> Definition of the system architecture (hardware, software, networks);
> Definition of the security environment;
> Proposal for a test-case as a basis for the demonstrator;
> Definition of an effects database.
– Prototyping – demonstrator implementation
> Integration of a system demonstrator for risk mitigation;
> Presentation of study results and execution of a demonstration with a test scenario.
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: up to 4 years
– Be public or private undertakings established in the Union;
– The action must be carried out by undertakings cooperating within a consortium of at least three eligible entities which are established in at least three different Member States