Sectors: Gender equality, Human Rights, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EIDHR – Country-Based Support Schemes (CBSS) Uzbekistan – 2020
Funds for: contributing, through supporting civil society organisations, to the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms
Priorities and funded actions:
* Support civil society in strengthening democracy in Uzbekistan;
* Supporting gender equality (women’s rights, women in decision-making, right to participate in peace-building and reconstruction processes, fight against violence and harmful practices, etc.);
* Support for protection of the social, economic and cultural rights, especially for groups particularly vulnerable to discrimination, such as the poor, women, children, indigenous peoples, migrants, refugees and the rights of persons belonging to minorities
Among financed actions
* Advocacy, lobbying and development of strategies by civil society organisations to push for legal reform, to influence policy-making, or to counter restrictions imposed by States on CSOs and other non-state actors;
* Provision of psychosocial, medical, legal assistance and any other type of support ;
* Facilitating dialogue processes and mediation activities (such as inter-community, inter-faith and inter-cultural dialogues);
* Documenting and reporting on cases of human rights violations;
* Promoting the signature, ratification and the effective implementation of the relevant international and regional human rights instruments, including fundamental ILO Conventions;
* Monitoring of and reporting on the implementation of the international human rights instruments that the country has ratified;
* Supporting the collection of appropriate information, including statistical and research data, to enable governments to formulate and implement policies;
* Capacity-building through trainings of civil society organisations active in the human rights/democracy field and of human rights defenders;
* Awareness-raising and communication campaigns to inform on specific democracy/human rights issues;
* Ensuring access to remedy for victims, accountability and prosecution of perpetrators;
* Promoting inclusive and strategic partnerships, networking and cooperation with CSOs and other relevant stakeholders or among CSOs;
* Promoting accountability through CSO’s activities to monitor and reform the electoral process, including implementation of electoral observers recommendations;
* Supporting CSOs and media in promoting accountability and transparency at national and local level;
* Promoting greater contact and cooperation between civic and political actors, including fostering of structured dialogue mechanisms;
* Promoting the inclusion of women, youth, and other marginalised groups into formal and informal decision making structures, including the political party system;
* Capacity building of civic and political actors to develop responsive policy platforms, adequately representing citizen’s interests;
* Sub-granting to local registered and non-registered civil society organisations.
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 24 and 36 months
– Be a legal person or an entity without legal personality or a natural person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, public sector operator, local authority, international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined by Article 156 of the EU Financial Regulation;
– Be established in Member State of the European Union, in Uzbekistan or any other country;
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
* Actions must take place in the following country: Republic of Uzbekistan