Sectors: Industry, Innovation, New technologies, SME Policy
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Additional info regions:
EU member states
Countries associated with Horizon 2020: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Feroe Islands, Iceland, Israel, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Tunisia, Turkey and Ukraine.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
EIT RawMaterials – SME Call – 2020
Funds for: boosting and accelerating the launch on the market of new products (goods or services) within the context of the value chains and topics of the three EIT RawMaterials Lighthouses (Sustainable Discovery and Supply, Sustainable Materials for Future Mobility, Raw Materials and Circular Societies).
Priorities and funded actions:
* Funnelling synergies and expertise already existing within the partnership into coordinated high- impact activities that will contribute to the solution of important societal challenges and that will enhance the role of EIT RawMaterials as a leading innovation community;
* Identifying future challenges and develop the capacity to address them within the partnership
* Priority 1: Raw Materials and Circular Societies
* Priority 2: Sustainable Materials for Future Mobility
* Priority 3: Sustainable Discovery and Supply
Amongst financed actions
* Priority 1:
– Resource Efficiency in metallurgical processing;
– Circular products (the development of new types of products considering circularity);
– Tools to support the transition to Circular Cities;
– Recycling of end-of-life products, including dismantling, sorting and recovering technologies;
– Bringing together expertise from the ressource efficiency, LCA, water and energy fields;
– Industrial Waste Valorisation/IndustrialSymbiosis.
* Priority 2:
– “Opening of a new (urban) mine” – battery raw materials mining and processing from a primary or secondary European source;
– Towards Solid State Batteries – advanced materials, processing, battery cell design;
– Towards a European source of rare earths – mining, extraction, processing, recycling;
– Sustainability – towards an improved Life Cycle Inventory database for raw materials and advanced materials related to e-mobility; ethical sourcing; traceability;
– Sustainable Steel and aluminium – energy and material efficiency processing; ethical sourcing;
-Education business. Development of clever business model to develop a raw materials recruitment company
* Priority 3:
– Resource Efficiency and Process Optimisation: Smart solutions that significantly reduce water and energy consumption are of critical importance to achieve more sustainable mineral processing operations that will have a positive impact along the entire value chain;
– Artificial Intelligence and Data Integration;
– Safe and Sustainable Mining under a Social License to Operate
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial action duration: up to 12 months
– The lead partner must be an SME: All SMEs registered as a legal entity in the EU (including H2020 EU ‘Associated Countries’) are eligible to apply as the Leading Organization.
– There must be a Coordinating Partner: The Coordinating Partner must be an EIT RawMaterials Core or Associate Partner when the project starts, and must remain an EIT RawMaterials Core or Associate Partner, over the duration of the project