Sectors: Co-op & Development, Culture - Media, Industry
Beneficiaries: Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Middle East
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU Member States
LAB Member States
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
PI – EU-LAS (League of Arab States) CULTURE – 2020
Funds for: raising awareness on the EU-LAS partnership in the field of culture by highlighting the EU’s effort in promoting international cultural relations in the Arab world as a specific geographical area in light of the EU-LAS Summit in Europe
Priorities and funded actions:
* Promoting cultural relations connected by the common thread of the EU-Arab relation and its multiple dimensions;
* Fostering mutual understanding, inter-cultural dialogue and synergies among creative industries between the EU and the LAS by promoting participation of cultural actors from both sides
* Encouraging to the extent possible the use of public spaces for the organisation of the activities which would include the virtual space in light of the COVID19 pandemic;
* Promoting joint actions of artists from both sides in order to highlight the role of creators in building regional bridges and fostering mutual understanding through art and cultural expression;
* Promoting the emergence of innovative forms of collaboration among cultural actors;
* Enhancing the participation of civil society in crafting a regional EU-LAS cultural agenda
Amongst financed actions
* Films, festivals, theatre performances, art exhibitions; conferences; workshops; street performances; music concerts and dance performances and any other cultural expression around the theme “promoting the EU-LAS partnership through culture”;
* Virtual online exchanges between cultural actors, involving or not the general public. In light of the COVID19 pandemic, the virtual dimension of the project could be strengthened to include a broader array of activities;
* “Sharing of best practices and peer-to-peer exchange” component in the form of collaborative advice for cultural stakeholders based on the recommendations laid out in the EU’s Strategy for International Cultural Relations
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: between 20 and 24 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be established in the European Union or in the member states of the League of Arab States;
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary