Sectors: Culture - Media, Information, Telecommunications
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Universities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU Member States
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
PPPA – Data-driven news production on EU affairs – 2020
Funds for: increasing reporting on European issues, from pan-European viewpoints and/or by comparing different viewpoints from within Europe
Priorities and funded actions:
* To increase the production of content that adheres to these principles and that uses new technologies to maximise audiences
* To reach a maximum number of audiences, this Call aims for maximum republication of content in media outlets and social media across the EU
* To stimulate such collaboration on European topics.
* To support proposals of media companies/journalists that produce and distribute content involving as many media/journalists and end-users across the EU as possible.
* To support proposals that identify the needs of partners as well as potential partners across the EU and design a production process that can contribute to those needs, so as to produce attractive formats, incentivise republication and maximise reach.
* Content production: Applicants should focus on production of innovative news content around EU affairs and topics affecting citizens in multiple Member States;
* Content distribution: Projects should aim for maximum distribution and redistribution of their content by media across Europe, taking multilingualism into account
Amongst financed actions
* Journalistic research activities, such as data gathering;
* Data filtering and categorisation;
* Organisation of collaborative digital workspaces;
* Content production (may include articles, visuals, video and audio content) – editorial supervision;
* Content adaptation;
* Building/maintaining a suitable technical web-platform for publication;
* Webinars and virtual meetings;
* Activities to enlarge uptake by other media and exchange good practices;
* Promotion and dissemination of results to media and/or end-users;
* Financial support to third parties, such as grants to data journalism students
* This call is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: between 20 months and 26 months
– To be a grouping of entities (consortia), each of which may have affiliated entities or a ‘sole’ applicant (several legal entities forming together one legal entity or ‘sole beneficiary’)
– Only applications from legal entities established in the following countries are eligible:
> EU Member States;
> Candidate countries.
– The coordinator must be established in an EU Member State;
– Non-profit organisation (private or public);
– Public authorities (national, regional, local);
– Educational institutions;
– Research/technology and art centres;
– Profit making entities;
– International organisations