Sectors: Culture - Media, Human Rights, Information, Local development
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations, SMEs
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* Eligible country: Spain
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Salvador de Madariaga Prize for European Journalism – 2020
Funds for: recognising the personal work of journalists from the Spanish media (written press, radio and television), which have helped increase awareness of European integration and European policies
Priorities and funded actions:
* Recognise the work of journalists from the Spanish media in three categories:
– Written press;
* Encourage and promote journalistic creation and reflection on the process of European integration or on European policies
* Promote the European Union’s fundamental values;
* Promote the capacity to fairly communicate the EU’s current situation, the challenges it faces internationally, its priorities and policies;
* Promote a high-quality journalistic work;
* Promote a work with a high impact on the national level and on the audience reached
Among rewarded actions
* Journalistic activities (articles or programmes):
– Published in written press or broadcasted in radio or television, in one of Spain’s official languages;
– Published or broadcasted in Spanish media during the last five years prior to the day of publication of this call;
– Contributing to any of the objectives specified in the preamble
* This prize is an open prize
– Be a legal person or a natural person;
– Be registered in Spain or work for a Spanish media