En bref :
- EMFAF – Innovative multi-use projects combining offshore renewable energy with other activities and/or with nature protection in the Atlantic – 2021
Funds for: supporting the Atlantic Maritime Strategy priority to develop marine renewable energy.
Priorities and funded actions:
- To support the development and uptake of multi-use between marine renewable energies and other blue economy activities and/or with nature protection.
- Priority 1: to develop multi-use integrated solutions to offshore renewable energy developments;
- Priority 2: to bring a radical change from the concept of exclusive resource rights to the inclusive sharing of resources by one or more uses.
Among financed actions
- Cost-benefit analysis, market study, business planning, identifying investors;
- Forming partnerships between business, investors, authorities, environmental organisations and other stakeholders, e.g. through matchmaking activities;
- Identification of sites and preparatory activities for licensing/consenting applications;
- Preparing a business case, highlighting the funding needed, with a view to ensuring sustainability and continuity of the pilot initiative;
- Trials, validation, demonstration and testing of offshore technologies/devices for multi-use integrated solutions;
- Design of a multi-stakeholder and circular approach to ensure stakeholder acceptance and optimal resource use;
- Development of models to monitor the impact of the multi-use offshore renewable solutions on the surrounding marine habitats and species, in line with relevant legislation on data (e.g. INSPIRE) and using relevant tools (e.g. EMODnet);
- Preparation of methods to track and measure the carbon budget of the whole project;
- Stakeholder engagement, networking, awareness raising and dissemination activities;
- Pitching or other events to engage corporates and investors, such as the BlueInvest events.
- This call for proposals is an open call for proposals.
- Initial duration of the action: between 24 and 36 months.
- Be a legal person;
- Be a public or private entity;
- Proposals must be submitted by a consortium of at least two applicants, which complies with the following conditions:
- minimum two entities from two different eligible EU Member States participating in the Atlantic Maritime Strategy,
- at least one for-profit, private-sector business entity in the offshore renewable energy sector;
- The coordinator must be established in an EU Member State participating in the Atlantic Maritime Strategy (France, Ireland, Portugal and Spain).
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Energy, Industry, Innovation, New technologies
Beneficiaries: Corporations, International Organisation, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.