Priorities and funded actions
Some Horizon Europe budgets are structured in response to policy ambitions (“destinations”) and deployed through calls for proposals targeting more specific thematic/sector (“Topics”). Thus, your application must be linked to a topic of a call for proposals.
Various categories of projects are eligible:
- RIA, Research and Innovation Actions: Basic and applied research / Technology development and adoption / Testing and validation of a prototype in the laboratory.
- IA, Innovation Actions: Prototypes, tests, demonstrations, pilot projects, market placement. These actions may include limited R&D activities.
- CSA, Coordination and Support Actions: Networking, studies & conferences, communication, studies for new research infrastructures.
- MSCA, Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions / ERC individual grants: Training networks for researchers, Individual grants for experienced researchers, Staff exchange – mobility for researchers and non-scientific staff.
In addition, calls specify the categories of eligible beneficiaries:
- Collaborative projects, composed of a coordinator and several partners organisations (consortium)
- Single-beneficiary projects, involving a single organization
- Individual scholarships, open to natural persons in their own name with their home institution
- HORIZON-CL4-2022-RESILIENCE-02-01-PCP: Boosting green economic recovery and open strategic autonomy in Strategic Digital Technologies through pre-commercial procurement (PCP action)