Priorities and funded actions
To create sustainable structures for stimulating exchange between local authorities in Turkey and the EU local authorities in areas relevant to climate and environment.
Priority 1 – Development of local plans, strategies, roadmaps and/or preparation of decision-making tools (modelling, impact and vulnerability analysis, etc.) with regard to climate change.
Priority 2 – Enhancing the capacity of local authorities and enabling exchange of adaptation know-how and experience among local authorities within Turkey and/or the EU for creation and/or implementation of climate change adaptation technologies and systems.
Priority 3 – Raising public awareness on climate and environment related issues, particularly actions targeting children and youth.
Among financed actions
- Developing local strategies, plans, roadmaps regarding climate change and sustainable development
- Enabling local initiatives to support green economic development
- Conducting preparatory studies to support policy making
- Developing Local Climate Action Plans
- Developing Voluntary Local Reviews (VLRs)
- Implementing programs localization of global agendas related environment and climate change
- Developing and/or implementing technology and innovative tools for climate change adaptation
- Creating networks and platforms for exchange of best practices related to climate and environment
- Compliance with the effects of climate change in local and sectoral policies and strengthening capacity, interagency cooperation and coordination
- Increasing the representation in European networks via joint actions
- Identifying and monitoring the effects of climate change at the local level
- Actions targeting public awareness on climate change and environment focusing on different groups of the community
- Raising awareness on the urgency and importance of adapting to climate change
- Developing community-based adaptation measures to combat climate change
- This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated.
- Initial duration of the action: between 10 and 12 months
- Be a legal person
- Be: non-profit making, a local authority in Turkey (municipality, special provincial administration (SPAs), Departments of Investment Monitoring and Coordination (DIMCs)), a local authority in the EU Member States or an eligible country according to the IPA Regulation, except Turkey