Priorities and funded actions
To award a monetary recognition prize dedicated to promoting scientific research and demonstrating the economic and social benefits of the Water Energy Food and Ecosystem (WEFE) Nexus in the Mediterranean Area.
Priority 1 – Enable teams to showcase their best practices and achievements.
Priority 2 – Encourage researchers to use and manage their results in the best way possible.
Among financed actions
- Demonstrate the more comprehensive socio-economic benefits of their proposed practices going beyond a fragmented system of sectors and players
- Demonstrate that they have directly exploited their proposed solutions or have played an active role in the uptake of the results by third parties, in particular, influencing policy change
- Demonstrate the replication and upscaling potential of the proposed Water-Energy-Food-Ecosystems Nexus solutions
- Be any legal entity established in a PRIMA PS
- Have the demonstrated practices implemented in the Mediterranean Region