The EU decided to extend the mandate of the Trust Funds with a 297 million euro assistance package to support refugees and host communities in Jordan and Lebanon.
The assistance package consists of the following actions in support of refugees and host communities :
- 45 million euro in support of economic development and social stability in Lebanon to foster economic growth and local development;
- 48 million euro to improve public water and wastewater services for local host communities and Syrian refugee populations in Lebanon;
- 70 million euro for better access to quality, equitable and affordable health services for vulnerable populations in Lebanon;
- 59 million euro to strengthen the self-reliance of refugees and host communities in Jordan, work towards an inclusive national social protection system and the creation of decent job opportunities for Syrians;
- 39 million euro for the establishment of an integrated solid waste management system in Syrian refugee camps and neighbouring communities in Jordan to improve health, environmental conditions and create job opportunities;
- 36 million euro to support the needs of Palestine refugees from Syria in Jordan and Lebanon.