Five national and regional programmes under the cohesion policy will benefit from the support of the OECD and from the Commission with the objective of promoting active citizen and civil society participation in designing, implementing and evaluating cohesion policy projects, as well as boosting the culture of transparency and accountability of the public institutions involved
The programmes selected must respect the European Green Deal objectives and social inclusion criterias.
OECD teams will provide hands-on support to the selected authorities for the following 5 programmes :
- Spain – objective of increasing participation of citizens in the transition to a green and low-carbon economy;
- Poland – Infrastructure and Environment 2014-2020 Operational Programme – fostering public participation in the implementation of large scale transport infrastructure projects, by creating a platform for social participation;
- Interreg Bulgaria-Romania – promoting participation in the investment decisions on projects for environmental protection;
- Flanders Interreg Programme – extend the use of their online tool for participation, especially in micro projects benefiting the local communities;
- Italy – Emilia-Romagna regional programme – creating a roadmap on involving citizens in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in the cohesion policy investments.