24 October 2018
Grants to support the educational, vocational and personal development of people in the fields of education, training, youth and sport, in Europe and beyond, thus contributing to sustainable growth, employment and social cohesion and to the strengthening of European identity.
Priorities and funded actions
ERASMUS + is a key instrument providing funding for activities in support of learning mobility, cooperation and innovative policy development in the fields of education, training, youth and sport at the European level.
- To promote the mobility of people for learning purposes, as well as cooperation, inclusion, excellence, creativity and innovation at the level of organisations and policies in the field of education and training;
- To promote the mobility of young people for non-formal learning and their active participation, as well as cooperation, inclusion, creativity and innovation in youth organisations and policies;
- To promote the mobility of coaches and sports staff for learning purposes, as well as cooperation, inclusion, creativity and innovation at the level of sports organisations and policies.
Key Action 1 – Learning mobility of individuals
- Mobility of individuals in the field of education, training and youth
- Youth Participation in activities
- DiscoverEU – Inclusion Action
- Virtual exchanges in higher education and youth
Key Action 2 – Cooperation among organisations and institutions
- Partnerships for Cooperation
- Cooperation partnerships
- Small-scale partnerships
- Partnerships for Excellence
- Centres for vocational excellence
- Erasmus+ teacher academies
- Erasmus Mundus Actions
- Partnerships for Innovation
- Alliances for innovation
- Forward-looking projects
- Capacity-building in higher educaton, vocational education and training, youth and sport
- Not-for-profut European Sport Events
Key Action 3 – Support to policy development and cooperation
- European Youth Together
Jean Monnet Actions
- Jean Monnet in the field of higher education
- Jean Monnet in other fields of education and training
- Inclusive Erasmus +
- Green Erasmus +
- Digital Erasmus +
- Participation in democratic life, common values and civic engagement
Among financed actions:
Under key action 1:
- The learning mobility of higher education students and staff;
- The learning mobility of vocational education and training learners and staff;
- The learning mobility of school pupils and staff;
- The learning mobility of adult education learners and staff.
Under key action 2:
- Partnerships for cooperation and exchange of practices, including small-scale partnerships to foster wider and more inclusive access to the Programme;
- Partnerships for excellence, in particular European Universities, platforms of centres of vocational excellence and Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degrees;
- Partnerships for innovation to strengthen Europe’s innovation capacity;
- User-friendly online platforms and tools for virtual cooperation, including support services for eTwinning and for the Electronic Platform for Adult Learning in Europe, and tools to facilitate learning mobility, including the European Student Card initiative.
Under key action 3:
- The preparation and implementation of the Union general and sectoral policy agendas in the field of education and training, including with the support of the Eurydice network or activities of other relevant organisations, and the support to the Bologna Process;
- Union tools and measures that foster the quality, transparency and recognition of competences, skills and qualifications;
- Policy dialogue and cooperation with relevant stakeholders, including Union-wide networks, European organisations and international organisations in the field of education and training;
- Measures that contribute to the high-quality and inclusive implementation of the Programme;
- Cooperation with other Union instruments and support to other Union policies;
- Dissemination and awareness-raising activities about European policy outcomes and priorities and about the Programme.
Jean Monnet Actions:
- The Jean Monnet action in the field of higher education;
- The Jean Monnet action in other fields of education and training;
- Support to the following institutions pursuing an aim of European interest: the European University Institute, Florence, including its School of Transnational Governance; the College of Europe (Bruges and Natolin campuses); the European Institute of Public Administration, Maastricht; the Academy of European Law, Trier; the European Agency for Special Needs and Inclusive Education, Odense; and the International Centre for European Training, Nice.
Mrs Ute HALLER-BLOCK
DG for Education, Youth, Sport and Culture > Youth, Education and Erasmus+ > Erasmus+ Coordination (EAC.B.4)