Priorities and funded actions
- To develop – in cooperation with different stakeholder communities and various ongoing projects in the relevant deployment programmes – concepts and facilities for:
- the interconnection of newly deployed 5G corridor sections and 5G infrastructure for local communities with edge computing facilities and federated cloud infrastructures
- relevant operational service platforms that enable the provision of CAM and commercial 5G connectivity services
- the support of services of general interest in local communities
- To accompany CEF-funded 5G deployment projects during their edge node deployment and service platform integration phase in order to adopt the common concepts developed
Priority 1 – Gather and consolidate information on the various planned actions under European and national programmes as well as the main private sector initiatives in the field and raise awareness to the stakeholders involved in the various relevant ongoing or future projects.
Priority 2 – Deliver principles and network architecture concepts for connecting 5G infrastructures along transport corridors and 5G local communities to the edge node and federated cloud infrastructure with the aims:
- to meet service requirements for connected and automated mobility, in particular the stringent requirements for road safety and digital train operations,
- to generate economic efficiencies, whereby the overall 5G-edge-cloud platform would serve the vertical needs of various communities and sectors, in particular mobility and socio-economic drivers.
Priority 3 – Accompany the ongoing CEF-funded 5G Corridor and Community projects to deploy and integrate the solutions in the later phase of these deployment projects.
Priority 4 – Monitor and report on the planned, ongoing and completed deployment of edge nodes with these projects and facilitate reporting in the European 5G Observatory.
Among financed actions
- Desk research and stakeholder outreach to gather and report on comprehensive information on ongoing relevant activities in the area of European federated cloud infrastructures
- Identification and definition of use cases in the areas of connected and automated mobility and 5G communities covering several sectors whose provision will be enabled by integrated 5G-edge-cloud infrastructure
- Gather requirements for business continuity across the border meeting CAM service requirements
- Definition of functional and operational network architectures enabling the provision of the selected use cases and building on European federated cloud infrastructures and other relevant initiatives
- Proof of concept, tests and pilots in cooperation with selected CEF-funded 5G deployment projects
- Outreach, engagement and advisory services for 5G Corridor (all ongoing CEF-funded projects) and Community (at least 10 CEF-funded projects) to integrate the developed solutions
- This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
- Initial duration of the action: 36 months
Be legal entities (public or private bodies).