Priorities and funded actions
* Projects involving the selection, preparation and deployment of junior and senior EU Aid Volunteers, apprenticeship for junior volunteers and online volunteering
* Capacity building of vulnerable or disaster-affected communities in third countries;
* Resilience building and disaster risk management in vulnerable, fragile or disaster-affected countries and forgotten crises;
* Disaster prevention, preparedness, disaster risk reduction and recovery from natural and man-made disasters, including the impacts of climate change;
* Enhancing the link between relief, rehabilitation and development;
* Support to emergency response operations
Amongst financed actions
– Selection of junior and senior EU Aid Volunteers according to the provisions in articles 4-8 of Commission Implementing Regulation (IR)1244/2014Provision of pre- deployment and in-country induction according to articles 12 and 18 of IR 1244/2014 ;
– Deployment of EU Aid volunteers to humanitarian projects contributing to the objectives described in section 2, including supervision and performance management (article 19, IR 1244/2014), entry of EU Aid Volunteers in the database (article 17 of IR 1244/2014), mentoring (article 21, IR 1244/2014) and providing opportunities for documenting learning and development of EU Aid Volunteers documented in a learning and development plan (article 4, Delegated Regulation 1398/2014);
– Communication activities have to be implemented by the consortium and the deployed volunteers in line with the Communication Plan of the EU Aid Volunteers initiative. This communication plan outlines the communication objectives, key messages, target audience and communication activities under the framework of the EU Aid Volunteers initiative, as required by Regulation 375/2014 Art 17
* Optional activities:
– Apprenticeship placements prior to the deployment of junior volunteers in one of the participating EU Member States;
– Online volunteering assignments (‘back-office support’): Projects for volunteering deployments in third countries can be supported by online volunteering opportunities offered to citizens, wherever they are in the world;
– Support for emergency response operations: The EU Aid Volunteers may be also deployed for support for emergency response operations;
– Capacity building of vulnerable, disaster affected communities, local organisations. Capacity building of hosting organisations
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of action: up to 24 months
– The consortium can be composed by:
– Certified sending organisations
> non-governmental not-for-profit organisations formed in accordance with the law of a Member State and whose headquarters are located within the Union,
> public law bodies of a civilian character governed by the law of a Member State,
> the International Federation of National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
– Certified hosting organisations:
> non-governmental not-for-profit organisations operating or established in a third country under the laws in force in that country,
> public law bodies of a civilian character governed by the law of a third country,
> international agencies and organisations.
– Before submitting an electronic application for a deployment project, all consortium members acting as sending or hosting organisation for volunteers, including affiliated entities having legal or capital link with certified sending organisations, must be certified or must have applied for certification under the EU Aid Volunteers initiative no later than indicated under section 3 (for certification).
– Projects shall be designed and implemented by transnational partnerships involving:
> at least two certified sending organisations from two different EU Member States belonging to the types of applicant sending organisations mentioned above
> at least one certified sending organisation from one EU Member State belonging to the types of applicant sending organisations mentioned above and the International Federation of National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
> at least two certified hosting organisations.
* The action can be implemented in the Countries for Deployment under EU Aid Volunteers Initiative 2020 (107 countries).