25 August 2021
Grants for actions aiming at implementing the European Neighbourhood Policy.
Priorities and funded actions
The ENI programme continues the 2007-2013 programme and aims at promoting enhanced political cooperation and progressive economic integration between the Union and the partner countries and, in particular, the implementation of partnership and cooperation agreements, association agreements or other existing and future agreements, and jointly agreed action plans.
The EU support programmed through Multi-country programs responding to common challenges to all partner countries represents 35% of ENI’s overall budget (2014-2020).
Union support at multi-country level shall, as appropriate, address, inter alia, the following priorities:
* human rights, good governance and the rule of law
* institutional cooperation and capacity development
* regional cooperation, in particular in the framework of the Eastern Partnership, the Union for the Mediterranean and the Partnership for Democracy and Shared Prosperity
* higher education and skills development, students and staff mobility, youth and culture
* sustainable economic development, trade and private sector development and support to small and medium-sized enterprises
* the energy sector, including energy networks
* transport and infrastructure interconnections
* sustainable management of natural resources
* support to civil society
* mobility and migration management
* confidence-building and other measures contributing to the prevention and settlement of conflicts.