On October 19th, the European Commission adopted its 2022 Work Programme. It contains 42 policy initiatives in line with 6 major ambitions.
The 2022 Work Programme delivers the 6 ambitions for the future of Europe:
- A European Green Deal, focusing on climate neutrality;
- A Europe fit for the digital age, to follow up on its path and deliver on the EU’s digital transformation by 2030;
- An economy that works for people, that is a more resilient social market economy;
- A stronger Europe in the world, accelerating work on a European Defence Union;
- Promoting the european way of life through multiple strategies and initiatives related to youth, education and health;
- Consolidating democracy and rule of law through the Conference on Future of Europe and the design of the new interinstitutional EU Ethics Body.
To minimise the burden linked to our EU policy objectives, the Commission will fully deploy the ‘one-in, one-out’ approach with this work programme.