Priorities and funded actions
- Improvement in conditions for enhanced public trust in the food system;
- Better health outcomes from our diet;
- Improved environmental impact of Agri-Food systems;
- Enabling transition to a circular and sustainable economy.
- Priority 1: Alternative proteins;
- Priority 2: Sustainable agriculture;
- Priority 3: Targeted nutrition;
- Priority 4: Sustainable aquaculture;
- Priority 5: Digital traceability;
- Priority 6: Circular food systems.
Among financed activities
- Translating or repurposing current technologies from outside food sector(s) to provide or enable solutions to major Focus Area challenges & system problems identified by EIT Food;
- Bringing knowledge and transparency to consumers through co-creation activities in order to foster enhanced trust in the food system;
- Activities which demonstrate and prove the potential for new solutions, innovations, technologies, or public interventions to deliver EIT Food’s Impact Goals and KPIs at significant scale;
- Proposals from other funding bodies to engage in joint funding of competitive challenges to identify game-changing solutions to problems related to EIT Food Impact Goals;
- Proposals to act as a “follow-on” accelerator funder to innovations already developed to a high TRL level through other funding, such as EU Horizon Europe programmes.
- This call for proposals is an open call for proposals.
- Initial duration of the action: up to 24 months.
- Be a legally incorporated entity in the EU or Horizon Europe eligible country, which has been incorporated for a minimum of 2 years;
- Have at least 1 year’s published accounts showing business activity;
- Have at least two statutory officers such as registered directors;
- The consortium must be composed by at least 3 organisations from at least 2 different eligible countries representing at least two sides of the knowledge triangle;
- A Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 7 or above (TRL 6 must be completed and demonstrated).