Priorities and funded actions
Some Horizon Europe budgets are structured in response to policy ambitions (“destinations”) and deployed through calls for proposals targeting more specific thematic/sector (“Topics”). Thus, your application must be linked to a topic of a call for proposals.
Various categories of projects are eligible:
- RIA, Research and Innovation Actions: Basic and applied research / Technology development and adoption / Testing and validation of a prototype in the laboratory.
- IA, Innovation Actions: Prototypes, tests, demonstrations, pilot projects, market placement. These actions may include limited R&D activities.
- CSA, Coordination and Support Actions: Networking, studies & conferences, communication, studies for new research infrastructures.
- MSCA, Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions / ERC individual grants: Training networks for researchers, Individual grants for experienced researchers, Staff exchange – mobility for researchers and non-scientific staff.
In addition, calls specify the categories of eligible beneficiaries:
- Collaborative projects, composed of a coordinator and several partners organisations (consortium)
- Single-beneficiary projects, involving a single organization
- Individual scholarships, open to natural persons in their own name with their home institution
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D5-01-01: Exploiting electrical energy storage systems and better optimising large battery electric power within fully battery electric and hybrid ships (ZEWT Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D5-01-02: Innovative energy storage systems on-board vessels (ZEWT Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D5-01-03: Exploiting renewable energy for shipping, in particular focusing on the potential of wind energy (ZEWT Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D5-01-04: Transformation of the existing fleet towards greener operations through retrofitting (ZEWT Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D5-01-05: Seamless safe logistics through an autonomous waterborne freight feeder loop service
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D5-01-06: Computational tools for shipbuilding
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D5-01-07: Prevent smog episodes in Europe: Air quality impact of engine-emitted volatile, semi volatile and secondary particles
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D5-01-08: Modular multi-powertrain zero-emission systems for HDV (BEV and FCEV) for efficient and economic operation (2ZERO)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D5-01-09: Nextgen EV components: High efficiency and low cost electric motors for circularity and low use of rare resources (2ZERO)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D5-01-10: New generation of full electric urban and peri-urban Bus Rapid Transit systems to strengthen climate-friendly mass transport (2ZERO)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D5-01-11: Stimulating Road Transport research and innovation dissemination and implementation in Europe and around the World
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D5-01-12: Towards a silent and ultra-low local air pollution aircraft
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D5-01-13: Digital aviation technologies for new aviation business models, services, emerging global threats and industrial competitiveness
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D5-01-14: European Aviation Research Policy in support to EU policies and initiatives