Additional regional information :
- Member States
- Associated Countries
- Low and middle-income countries
For more information: Click here
Environment & Climate Research & Innovation Technology & Digital
All beneficiaries Research centre & university Smes & Start-Ups (< 249 Employees)
Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Call for proposals
Priorities and funded actions
Some Horizon Europe budgets are structured in response to policy ambitions (“destinations”) and deployed through calls for proposals targeting more specific thematic/sector (“Topics”). Thus, your application must be linked to a topic of a call for proposals.
Various categories of projects are eligible:
- RIA, Research and Innovation Actions: Basic and applied research / Technology development and adoption / Testing and validation of a prototype in the laboratory.
- IA, Innovation Actions: Prototypes, tests, demonstrations, pilot projects, market placement. These actions may include limited R&D activities.
- CSA, Coordination and Support Actions: Networking, studies & conferences, communication, studies for new research infrastructures.
- MSCA, Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions / ERC individual grants: Training networks for researchers, Individual grants for experienced researchers, Staff exchange – mobility for researchers and non-scientific staff.
In addition, calls specify the categories of eligible beneficiaries:
- Collaborative projects, composed of a coordinator and several partners organisations (consortium)
- Single-beneficiary projects, involving a single organization
- Individual scholarships, open to natural persons in their own name with their home institution
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-01: Sustainable processing and refining of battery grade graphite (Batteries Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-02: Interface and electron monitoring for the engineering of new and emerging battery technologies (Batteries Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-03: Furthering the development of a materials acceleration platform for sustainable batteries (combining AI, big data, autonomous synthesis robotics, high throughput testing) (Batteries Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-04: Towards creating an integrated manufacturing value chain in Europe: from machinery development to plant and site integrated design (Batteries Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-05: Next generation technologies for High-performance and safe-by-design battery systems for transport and mobile applications (Batteries Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-06: Embedding smart functionalities into battery cells (embedding sensing and self-healing functionalities to monitor and self-repair battery cells) (Batteries Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-07: Digitalisation of battery testing, from cell to system level, including lifetime assessment (Batteries Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-08: Coordination of large-scale initiative on future battery technologies (Batteries Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-09: Physics and data-based battery management for optimised battery utilisation (Batteries Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-10: Streamlined collection and reversed logistics, fully automated, safe and cost-efficient sorting, dismantling and second use before recycling (Batteries Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-11: CIVITAS 2030 – Coordination and support for EU funded urban mobility innovation