On May 9, EU leaders will meet in Sibiu, Romania, to reflect on the Union’s political aspirations and prepare the strategic agenda for 2019-2024.
On the eve of this meeting, the European Commission is setting out a number of policy recommendations based on the following five dimensions:
– Protective Europe: European Security Union and European Defence Union;
– Competitive Europe: Upgrade, modernise and fully implement the single market in all its aspects;
– Fair Europe: European Pillar of Social Rights;
– Sustainable Europe: Modernisation of the economy, sustainable consumption and production patterns;
– Influential Europe: world leader, strong relations with close neighbours and strengthened international role of the euro.
Furthermore, as per the European Commission, a better communication to explain the priorities set and engage with Europeans will be decisive in making the EU more united, stronger and more democratic.