Priorities and funded actions
* identifying the conditions for a fruitful deployment of Digital and Automatic Couplers (“DAC”) for the European rail freight market, in order to lead to a European deployment planning for DAC.
*Priority 1 : In terms of technological option, the following options shall be considered for their contributions to the enhancement of rail performances and digitalisation:
-Deployment of DAC Type 4 + migration to Type 5
-Deployment of DAC Type 5
-Sub-priority 1: Improvement of rail freight operations throughout the logistic chain
-Sub priority 2: On-board train provisions for ERTMS Level 3, comparative to other tools
-Sub-priority 3: Network capacity (indicatively in terms of Trains and Ton/ILU x Km)
-Sub-priority 4: Harmonisation of rail operations overcoming national rules
Among Financed actions
*Action at Member State level to clean up national rules that have become obsolete following the development of the Operation and traffic management Technical Specification for Interoperability (OPE TSI), or even contradictory with the OPE TSI or other EU legislation.
*Action at sector level (RFCs/RUs/IMs) to develop harmonised templates, identify and apply best practices and increase trust between the stakeholders involved
*Sometimes further regulatory or implementation measures will be needed
*Workshops bringing together several RFCs affected by the same issue and ERA in order to discuss concretely how to solve these issues. These workshops will identify what further actions can be undertaken to improve interoperability and resolve the issues.
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals.
* Initial duration of the action: between 6 and 36 months
– To be one or more Member States, and / or
– With the agreement of the Member States concerned, by international organisations, joint undertakings, or public or private undertakings or bodies or entities established in Member States
– To be a Ministry
– To be a national safety authorities