Priorities and funded actions
- To promote exchanges between citizens of different countries;
- To give citizens the opportunity to discover the cultural diversity of the European Union and to make them aware that European values and cultural heritage constitute the foundation for a common future;
- To guarantee peaceful relations between Europeans and to ensure their active participation at the local level;
- To reinforce mutual understanding and friendship between European citizens;
- To encourage cooperation between municipalities and the exchange of best practices;
- To support good local governance and reinforce the role of local and regional authorities in the European integration process.
- Priority 1: Raising awareness on the richness of the cultural and linguistic environment in Europe;
- Priority 2: Raising awareness on the importance of reinforcing the European integration process based on solidarity;
- Priority 3: Fostering a sense of belonging to Europe by promoting the debate on the future of Europe;
- Priority 4: Reflecting on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the local communities.
Among financed activities
- Workshops, seminars, conferences, training activities, expert meetings, webinars;
- Awareness-raising activities, data gathering and consultation;
- Exchanges and dissemination of good practices amongst public authorities and civil society organisations;
- Development of communication tools and the use of social media.
- This call for proposals is an open call for proposals.
- Initial duration of the action: 12 months.
- Be a public body or a non-profit organisation;
- The project must involve municipalities from at least two eligible countries of which at least one is an EU Member State;
- Events must involve a minimum of 50 direct participants, of which a minimum of 25 participants are “invited participants”.