Priorities and funded actions
Some Horizon Europe budgets are structured in response to policy ambitions (“destinations”) and deployed through calls for proposals targeting more specific thematic/sector (“Topics”). Thus, your application must be linked to a topic of a call for proposals.
Various categories of projects are eligible:
- RIA, Research and Innovation Actions: Basic and applied research / Technology development and adoption / Testing and validation of a prototype in the laboratory.
- IA, Innovation Actions: Prototypes, tests, demonstrations, pilot projects, market placement. These actions may include limited R&D activities.
- CSA, Coordination and Support Actions: Networking, studies & conferences, communication, studies for new research infrastructures.
- MSCA, Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions / ERC individual grants: Training networks for researchers, Individual grants for experienced researchers, Staff exchange – mobility for researchers and non-scientific staff.
In addition, calls specify the categories of eligible beneficiaries:
- Collaborative projects, composed of a coordinator and several partners organisations (consortium)
- Single-beneficiary projects, involving a single organization
• Individual scholarships, open to natural persons in their own name with their home institution
- HORIZON-CL4-2022-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-01: Rapid reconfigurable production process chains (Made in Europe Partnership) (IA)
- HORIZON-CL4-2022-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-02: Products with complex functional surfaces (Made in Europe Partnership) (RIA)
- HORIZON-CL4-2022-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-03: Excellence in distributed control and modular manufacturing (Made in Europe Partnership) (RIA)
- HORIZON-CL4-2022-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-04: Intelligent work piece handling in a full production line (Made in Europe Partnership) (RIA)
- HORIZON-CL4-2022-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-06: ICT Innovation for Manufacturing Sustainability in SMEs (I4MS2) (Made in Europe Partnership) (IA)
- HORIZON-CL4-2022-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-07: Digital tools to support the engineering of a Circular Economy (Made in Europe Partnership) (RIA)
- HORIZON-CL4-2022-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-09: Demonstrate the use of Digital Logbook for buildings (IA)
- HORIZON-CL4-2022-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-10: Circular flows for solid waste in urban environment (Processes4Planet Partnership) (IA)
- HORIZON-CL4-2022-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-11: Valorisation of CO/CO2 streams into added-value products of market interest (Processes4Planet Partnership) (IA)
- HORIZON-CL4-2022-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-13: Raw material preparation for clean steel production (Clean Steel Partnership) (IA)
- HORIZON-CL4-2022-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-15: New electrochemical conversion routes for the production of chemicals and materials in process industries (Processes4Planet Partnership) (RIA)
- HORIZON-CL4-2022-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-16: Modular and hybrid heating technologies in steel production (Clean Steel Partnership) (IA)
- HORIZON-CL4-2022-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-17: Integration of hydrogen for replacing fossil fuels in industrial applications (Processes4Planet Partnership) (IA)