President Von der Leyen has presented a framework of inclusion measures in order to reinforce Erasmus+ and the European Solidarity Corps programmes. The aim is to improve inclusion and equity in education.
The measures for the Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps programmes include:
- Dedicated financial support for people with fewer opportunities;
- Support to participants throughout all phases of their project to ensure that they get the most out of their experience;
- Support to participating organisations ranging from helping reinforcing capacity building, to training and networking activities for their staff in the area of inclusion and diversity;
- More flexible learning offer offering a wider array of project and mobility opportunities;
- Priority in the selection process to give priority to quality projects involving participants with fewer opportunities and addressing the themes of inclusion and diversity;
- Clearer communication and reporting by developing its monitoring and reporting activities to better track progress on inclusion efforts.