30 May 2018
Grants related to the protection of the EU’s financial interests
Priorities and funded actions
The Anti-Fraud Programme is the instrument ensuring the protection of the EU’s financial interests through its fight against fraud. It aims to protect the financial interests of the European Union and to support mutual assistance between the administrative authorities of the Member States and cooperation between the latter and the Commission to ensure the correct application of customs and agricultural legislation.
- Specific objective 1 – Prevent and combate fraud, corruption and any other illegal activity affecting the financial interests of the Union.
- Specific objective 2 – Support the reporting of irregularities, including fraud, concerning shared management and pre-accession assistance funds from the Union budget.
- Specific objective 3 – Provide tools for the exchange of information and support for operational activities in the field of mutual administrative assistance in customs and agricultural matters.
- Providing technical knowledge, specialised and technically advanced equipment and effective IT tools enhancing transnational and multidisciplinary cooperation and cooperation with the Commission;
- Enhancing staff exchanges for specific projects, ensuring the necessary support and facilitating investigations, in particular the setting up of joint investigation teams and cross-border operations;
- Providing technical and operational support to national investigations, in particular to customs and law enforcement authorities to strengthen the fight against fraud and other illegal activities;
- Building IT capacity in the Member States and third countries, increasing data exchange and developing and providing IT tools for the investigation and monitoring of intelligence work;
- Organising specialised training, risk analysis workshops, conferences and studies aimed towards improving cooperation and coordination among services concerned with the protection of the financial interests of the Union.
Mr Sorina Emilia BUKSA
European Anti-Fraud Office > General Affairs > Anti-Fraud Programme and Document Management Centre > Anti-Fraud Programme (OLAF.D.1.001)