Priorities and funded actions
To facilitate and enhance breaking the criminal business model of traffickers in human beings by strengthening the law enforcement and judicial responses against trafficking in human beings, in particular as regards children and labour exploitation.
- Priority 1: disruption of financial flows of the criminal business model of traffickers;
- Priority 2: intensification of investigations (including evidence-led investigations), prosecutions and the judicial response in the area of trafficking in human beings, in order to dismantle the trafficking chain
- Priority 3: disruption of the digital business model of traffickers by improving the digital capabilities of law enforcement and judicial authorities
- Priority 4: improvement of confiscation and asset recovery activities with the view of contributing to the compensation of victims
Among financed actions
- Developing measures, tools and methodologies aimed at intensifying investigations (including the collection of digital evidence), prosecutions and the judicial reponse in the area of trafficking in human beings, in order to reduce reliance on victims’ testimony and to address, where applicable, the
use of services exacted from victims of trafficking.
- Reducing cyber-enabled trafficking in human beings by disrupting perpetrators’ use of the technology and improve the use of technology to prevent and combat trafficking.
- Operational actions, including joint investigations and increased cooperation and involvement of the labour inspectorates
- Capacity building, including specialised trainings targeted at officials involved in investigation and prosecution of trafficking offences, and focused on the disruption of the digital business model and of financial flows
- This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
- Initial duration of the action: 24 months
- Be legal entities
- public bodies – including local and regional authorities or European groupings of territorial cooperation or, by the competent authority’s mandate, a public or non-public implementing agency or body of a
Member State participating in the ISF
- non-profit making private entities
- Be established in one of the eligible countries
- Consortium of minimum two applicants from 2 different Participating Member States